The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» A new train curve
by afol666 Yesterday at 12:18 am

» LEGO Resale Value
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 pm

» PennLUG Club Member Information Survey.
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 pm

» Master Builder position at the new Plymouth Meeting LEGOLAND Discovery Center
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 pm

» 4DBrick monorail fans
by Kreativ Snail Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:14 am

» Introductions
by cjedwards Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 pm

» Meetings
by mrsrothbricks Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:55 am

» FNS Black Pearl, Fusion Powered Sub MOC (LDD)
by afol666 Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

» Friends and Family 20% off for The Lego Store coupon for this weekend---anyone want it?
by bas157 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

» Sign me up.
by Ben-Laura Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

» Another new member
by MikeKn Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 am

» buWizz remote control
by maarek Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:14 pm

» Bricklink sellers? Profitable?
by MikeKn Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

» eMail - Survey
by maarek Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 am

» LDraw
by Brick_Dad Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am

» MOCs for sale
by Brick_Dad Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:57 pm

» Lego Thunder Road game. ** Joel and Sam **
by classicplasticbricks Sun May 22, 2016 7:08 pm

» Philly Brick Fest 2016 Photos.
by Cale Tue May 17, 2016 2:18 pm

» Ready to join!
by Brianb Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

» wanna play?
by afol666 Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

LEGO Kidsfest Hartford 2011 December 2nd to 4th

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LEGO Kidsfest Hartford 2011 December 2nd to 4th

Post  Cale on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:55 pm

I finally got a response back from Jim Foulds regarding LEGO Kidsfest Hartford this year. Here is what he had to say.

Ok, so I just got confirmation from Vince regarding Hartford. I apologize for the delay, but as you may not be aware, we didn’t have fans at the Raleigh Kidsfest nor will they be at Cleveland in November.

Here is the package we’re offering for 2011:

For each 10x10 space, we would like to offer monetary assistance designed for 2 people per space. If more than 2 are supporting a 10x10 space, they will have to determine how to split the assistance accordingly.
· If the group lives within 30 miles of the event, we would like to offer assistance with food and parking for the event at $375. (This is not per day, this is the total amount)

· If the group lives more than 30 miles from the event, we would like to offer assistance with hotel as well as food and parking for a total of $700 for the event (This is not per day, this is the total amount)

Examples:
Mike and Bob are doing a 10’x10’ castle display and they live within 30 miles of the event, and they decide to divide the support evenly, they will each get $187.50.
Mike and Bob are doing a 10’x10’ space display and live more than 30 miles from the event, and they decide to divide the support evenly, they will each get $350

Thanks,

-Jim

Can the crew that did Pittsburgh confirm if the compensation has changed any? Is there any interest in doing this one again?

Cale Leiphart
PennLUG

Last edited by Cale on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 1830

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Re: LEGO Kidsfest Hartford 2011 December 2nd to 4th

Post  LEGO Dog on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:57 am

It sounds like the same we had in Pitt. The problem there was how we were compensated. I believe Tony S. is still burning the gift cards and they have very limited means of use.

Jim and Vince were supposed to find a way around this and the tax issues before the next event. Do you want me to contact Jim to see what's been done since DelVaLUG will probably be involved as well?

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:23 am

I'm interested, but I'm not sure I could support a 5' x 10' area myself. I'd better get building....

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:24 pm

I am willing to go if that's the deal. I would definitely prefer no gift card nonsense, though. Francis also wants to go as he had a great time at the last one.

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 446

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:40 pm

If I go, DelVaLUG can easily support all of our area for setting up spaceships. Without Chris E., Peter's and the other spacers, I filled up (2) 10x10 areas myself. We could probably set up (3) 10x10 for space. I would need 2-3 other people who would be able to man the tables with me though. Pitt was to tight with only 2 people in a 10x20 layout.

The only issue is HOW we get paid. The gift cards weren't so hot...

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  peterlmorris on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:22 pm

I am interested, and I could definitely fill a space that large.

peterlmorris
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Male Posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:44 am

Jim Foulds is asking what our space requirements are. He has a meeting next week with planing so they can figure out space allotment. So if we are going to commit to this event we need to know exactly who is interested in going and how much space we need soon. I'm waiting for an answer on weather we'll be paid by cards like Pitt this year or some other way.

If you have not already responded and are thinking of going please respond asap.

Thank You
Cale

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  cjedwards on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:34 am

I'm thinking of going and could potentially fill a bunch of tables, but I probably want to rent a minivan again if I go...

-Chris

cjedwards
King of the Action

Male Posts : 317

Back to top Go down

Post  peterlmorris on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Cale you might need to send out a PennLUG-wide e-mail, since people might not be checking the forum every day (or even every week).

peterlmorris
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:30 pm

I guess I'd be looking at somewhere between .5 and 1.5 tables across multiple themes.

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Bad news. We will still be paid in the Visa Gift Cards.

Cale

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:37 am

Visa gift cards or Lego gift cards?

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:03 pm

D_Runyon wrote:Visa gift cards or Lego gift cards?

Visa

Cale

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Ugh. Fine. Is there any reason cash or check is such an anathema to them? I know there are amount restrictions to get under payroll laws but, person by person, I think we fall well under that amount.

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:23 am

Shuppiluliumas wrote:Ugh. Fine. Is there any reason cash or check is such an anathema to them? I know there are amount restrictions to get under payroll laws but, person by person, I think we fall well under that amount.

Trust me it is a head ache to write checks for each attendant. It just doesn't work.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:28 am

Visa gift cards again? Sorry, we are going to sit this one out then. I was hoping TLG was going to fix this problem. Guess not...

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:21 pm

In regards to a possible train layout from PennLUG at Kidsfest this year.

Here is my problem with the whole Kidsfest thing. At the same time we would be there at Hartford we will also have our train display at the car museum in Allentown. Last year we had a pretty small display for the museum and took most of our train layout to Hartford. For this year we have a much bigger area at the museum to fill and I would really like to see us put most of our energy into that. The museum is a local show (always a good thing to display in your own community) and is more convenient, and a they have been very generous with us in giving us display space meeting space for our October meet, among other things.

So this leaves us the problem of what to do about Kidsfest with most of our train resources going to Allentown for December. I see a few options here.

1. We take a small train layout to Kidsfest while still having our usual individual MOC displays. I would like to see all of our best stuff go to Allentown so this leaves us a little sparse.

2. We combine our train layout with NELUG. Again we would still have our usual display of individual MOCs as well. This would give the Kidsfest event a nice large single train layout instead of two smaller ones. It would also take some of the burden off of us trying to do an entire layout on our own. Obviously we would have a lot of details to work out with NELUG though.

3. Drop taking a train layout to Kidsfest completely and just concentrate on individual MOC displays.

Jim Foulds is asking what space we need for the event as he has a meeting this week with the Kidsfest team to allocate space for AFOLs. I'm not sure what to tell him yet. So I need to know who is going to Kidsfest and what space they need. From the train layout people I need to know what if anything you want to contribute to the museum in Allentown and what if any thing you want to bring to Kidsfest. The sooner we know the better chance we will have of getting the space we want.

Cale

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:23 am

I'm planning to hit KidsFest and hope to fill a half table or more.

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  maarek on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:52 pm

I think the bulk of the layout should be at the America On Wheels for the holiday display. I mean they're giving us space to exhibit and we should take advantage of this opportunity.

While KidsFest is nice and all; I feel the distance of it from our home base may prohibit a larger display since this will conflict somewhat with the timing of things.

Hopefully our display with the America On Wheels museum leads to other opportunities.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

maarek
Strategos

Male Posts : 426

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianb on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 pm

I think that I will pass on Kidsfest as well.

Brian

Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 431

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  cjedwards on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:46 pm

I still haven't decided for sure, but I'm sort of tempted to pass...

-Chris

cjedwards
King of the Action

Back to top Go down

Post  peterlmorris on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:14 pm

While the Visa thing is kind of a bummer, I am in. I can fill the required space no problem, which if I read it right they don't want us to fill somebody else's space with our stuff?

Anyway I'm there.

peterlmorris
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:29 pm

peterlmorris wrote:While the Visa thing is kind of a bummer, I am in. I can fill the required space no problem, which if I read it right they don't want us to fill somebody else's space with our stuff?

Anyway I'm there.

Filling in others space is no problem. We can have as many people supporting a space as we want. While for the purpose of payment there probably will be names attached to spaces, for the actual display we'll have a set total amount of space for the club to do what ever we want with.

Cale White Cat

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  cjedwards on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:34 pm

cjedwards wrote:I still haven't decided for sure, but I'm sort of tempted to pass...

-Chris

I've been thinking about it some more (and talked to Nate) and I suppose I will go. I just have to figure out how many spaces I'll fill. My estimate is 2-3 spaces. I'll try to solidify that ASAP (but if you can't wait, Cale, I guess you can put me down for 3).

-Chris

cjedwards
King of the Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:48 am

Cale wrote: In regards to a possible train layout from PennLUG at Kidsfest this year.

Here is my problem with the whole Kidsfest thing. At the same time we would be there at Hartford we will also have our train display at the car museum in Allentown. Last year we had a pretty small display for the museum and took most of our train layout to Hartford. For this year we have a much bigger area at the museum to fill and I would really like to see us put most of our energy into that. The museum is a local show (always a good thing to display in your own community) and is more convenient, and a they have been very generous with us in giving us display space meeting space for our October meet, among other things.

So this leaves us the problem of what to do about Kidsfest with most of our train resources going to Allentown for December. I see a few options here.

1. We take a small train layout to Kidsfest while still having our usual individual MOC displays. I would like to see all of our best stuff go to Allentown so this leaves us a little sparse.

2. We combine our train layout with NELUG. Again we would still have our usual display of individual MOCs as well. This would give the Kidsfest event a nice large single train layout instead of two smaller ones. It would also take some of the burden off of us trying to do an entire layout on our own. Obviously we would have a lot of details to work out with NELUG though.

3. Drop taking a train layout to Kidsfest completely and just concentrate on individual MOC displays.

Jim Foulds is asking what space we need for the event as he has a meeting this week with the Kidsfest team to allocate space for AFOLs. I'm not sure what to tell him yet. So I need to know who is going to Kidsfest and what space they need. From the train layout people I need to know what if anything you want to contribute to the museum in Allentown and what if any thing you want to bring to Kidsfest. The sooner we know the better chance we will have of getting the space we want.

Cale

Alright, well Francis and I are still up to go. As to what to do about the train layout, basically nothing of mine would work at Allentown, so we have all of that to go to Hartford, in theory.

I'm not convinced we can realistically combine our train layout with NELUG. I highly doubt their loading gauge would handle our larger engines. If we split the track 50/50 or whatever, we have the issue of different ballast types, as well. And, if I recall, they only run 9v, which is a problem for us. We could just bring buildings to add to their layout, I suppose, if they have enough track to cover us, but it's be a bummer not to be able to run trains.

I would personally say we do our own layout (maybe with the tables combined to form the appearance of one layout) or none at all. I don't have much in the way of individual MOCs, but can probably fill half a space or so with them. If we do not bring a train layout, then I will be able to fill more space with locomotives, trucks, etc. as standalones.

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top