The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» A new train curve
by afol666 Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:18 am

» LEGO Resale Value
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 pm

» PennLUG Club Member Information Survey.
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 pm

» Master Builder position at the new Plymouth Meeting LEGOLAND Discovery Center
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 pm

» 4DBrick monorail fans
by Kreativ Snail Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:14 am

» Introductions
by cjedwards Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 pm

» Meetings
by mrsrothbricks Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:55 am

» FNS Black Pearl, Fusion Powered Sub MOC (LDD)
by afol666 Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

» Friends and Family 20% off for The Lego Store coupon for this weekend---anyone want it?
by bas157 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

» Sign me up.
by Ben-Laura Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

» Another new member
by MikeKn Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 am

» buWizz remote control
by maarek Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:14 pm

» Bricklink sellers? Profitable?
by MikeKn Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

» eMail - Survey
by maarek Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 am

» LDraw
by Brick_Dad Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am

» MOCs for sale
by Brick_Dad Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:57 pm

» Lego Thunder Road game. ** Joel and Sam **
by classicplasticbricks Sun May 22, 2016 7:08 pm

» Philly Brick Fest 2016 Photos.
by Cale Tue May 17, 2016 2:18 pm

» Ready to join!
by Brianb Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

» wanna play?
by afol666 Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

new Adult Fans of Lego book

View previous topic View next topic Go down

new Adult Fans of Lego book

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Hello,
My name is Barry (baz on bricklink- member since 2001).
I have decided to make a Lego book. The book is all about Adult Fans of Lego where they send me photos of their favourite Lego creation they have built. It doesn’t matter if we have all seen it on Brickshelf or Flickr. Show us which is your favourite Lego creation.
Entrants, 18 years and older, whose work gets in the book will have first dibs at buying the first edition at a cheaper price than normal (maybe even 1 free copy...). There may also be prizes...
One of the main goals is to have entrants from all over the globe.
Depending on how many entries we get will determine the size of the Lego book. I am hoping to call it ‘101 Adult Fans of Lego’ for example. I have contacted Lego and will work with them so the book can legally use the Lego name, but this is not an official Lego publication.
Also, more technologically minded Adult Fans of Lego can send in Pdfs of instructions so others can build your favourite Lego creation or at least learn a new building technique.
Pricing details and prizes will be announced soon.
We will let you know our website and facebook page in 7 days.
Entries open October 1st 2011 and run until January 31st 2012 so you have plenty of time.
Thank you.
Kindest regards,

B D White

Back to top Go down

Re: new Adult Fans of Lego book

Post  Cale on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:46 pm

afolbook wrote:Hello,
My name is Barry (baz on bricklink- member since 2001).
I have decided to make a Lego book. The book is all about Adult Fans of Lego where they send me photos of their favourite Lego creation they have built. It doesn’t matter if we have all seen it on Brickshelf or Flickr. Show us which is your favourite Lego creation.
Entrants, 18 years and older, whose work gets in the book will have first dibs at buying the first edition at a cheaper price than normal (maybe even 1 free copy...). There may also be prizes...
One of the main goals is to have entrants from all over the globe.
Depending on how many entries we get will determine the size of the Lego book. I am hoping to call it ‘101 Adult Fans of Lego’ for example. I have contacted Lego and will work with them so the book can legally use the Lego name, but this is not an official Lego publication.
Also, more technologically minded Adult Fans of Lego can send in Pdfs of instructions so others can build your favourite Lego creation or at least learn a new building technique.
Pricing details and prizes will be announced soon.
We will let you know our website and facebook page in 7 days.
Entries open October 1st 2011 and run until January 31st 2012 so you have plenty of time.
Thank you.
Kindest regards,

B D White

Hi Barry and welcome. Your book project sound quite interesting. Hopefully you'll get a few submissions from PennLUG. I know I'll send a few photos your way.

Cale White Cat

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 1830

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:09 am

Hi Cale,
Thank you for your warm welcome.
I look forward to seeing your entry.
All the rules, etc are at www.talltaleunderground.com/afol-book/
Basically we need some info on you, why you love Lego, info on your favourite Lego creation and then a few pics of your favourite Lego creation.
Talk soon,

Barry

Back to top Go down

Adult Fans of Lego book update

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:05 pm

1 month down, 3 months to go to get entries in for your chance to be part of the new Adult Fans of Lego book.
Just letting everyone know that there is information on PRICES and PRIZES at www.talltaleunderground.com/afol-book/
Once you have decided which moc is your favourite and taken pictures, email these and the info on you and your creation to afolbook [at] talltaleunderground [dot] com
All the best,
Baz

Last edited by afolbook on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted emoticon)

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:58 pm

afolbook wrote:1 month down, 3 months to go to get entries in for your chance to be part of the new Adult Fans of Lego book.
Just letting everyone know that there is information on PRICES and PRIZES at www.talltaleunderground.com/afol-book/
Once you have decided which moc is your favourite and taken pictures, email these and the info on you and your creation to afolbook [at] talltaleunderground [dot] com
All the best,
Baz
Hi, I have some models I am interested in contributing. However, I noticed that your website stated that you weren't looking for creations with custom or modified parts. Unfortunately, most of my favorite MOCs have some sort of modified part or aftermarket accessory, such as my Model A:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/6244437497/in/photostream

It has chromed bricks and BrickArms and BrickWarriors accessories. Would these parts disqualify the MOC?

Your book sounds pretty interesting, and I hope it does well. Thanks!

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Hello Brickadier General,
Thanks for you interest in the book : )
One of the reasons for this book is to show children (and their parents) that they don't have to make just what is on the Lego box. They can make anything, so the book will inspire (inspire adult Lego fans, younger Lego fans and also show non-Lego fans that this isn't just some toy). I have looked at your pics. They do look great. I realise why you have chromed the pieces and bought the guns. I have bought a few pieces from Brickforge (the scooter in particular). But if a child Lego fan opens this book I'm making and tries to build your car they will wonder why they can't find those pieces in Chrome.

For the book you could always enter the blue car and say that you have made a few more, some using customised parts.
Or you could just take off the custom parts from the black car and make it with authentic Lego parts just for the book.
I know this isn't the news you want to hear but rules are rules unfortunately.
I hope you still enter.
Thank you,
Barry

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top