The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» A new train curve
by afol666 Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:18 am

» LEGO Resale Value
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 pm

» PennLUG Club Member Information Survey.
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 pm

» Master Builder position at the new Plymouth Meeting LEGOLAND Discovery Center
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 pm

» 4DBrick monorail fans
by Kreativ Snail Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:14 am

» Introductions
by cjedwards Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 pm

» Meetings
by mrsrothbricks Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:55 am

» FNS Black Pearl, Fusion Powered Sub MOC (LDD)
by afol666 Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

» Friends and Family 20% off for The Lego Store coupon for this weekend---anyone want it?
by bas157 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

» Sign me up.
by Ben-Laura Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

» Another new member
by MikeKn Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 am

» buWizz remote control
by maarek Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:14 pm

» Bricklink sellers? Profitable?
by MikeKn Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

» eMail - Survey
by maarek Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 am

» LDraw
by Brick_Dad Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am

» MOCs for sale
by Brick_Dad Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:57 pm

» Lego Thunder Road game. ** Joel and Sam **
by classicplasticbricks Sun May 22, 2016 7:08 pm

» Philly Brick Fest 2016 Photos.
by Cale Tue May 17, 2016 2:18 pm

» Ready to join!
by Brianb Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

» wanna play?
by afol666 Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Do It Yourself Chrome LEGO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do It Yourself Chrome LEGO

Post  Cale on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 am

For those of you out there looking for a way to get some parts in chrome here is some ting that may be of some interest.

http://www.alclad2.com/index.html

I've never tried any Alclad paints from them but I've heard some good stories from the model railroad guys. So is any one interested in testing some?

Cale

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 1830
Join date : 2009-12-10
Age : 39
Location : York, Pennsylvania

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do It Yourself Chrome LEGO

Post  Kreativ Snail on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 am

We would need an airbrush. Anyone have one? Anyone know how to use one?

Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1061
Join date : 2009-12-13
Age : 55
Location : Snailtopia

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do It Yourself Chrome LEGO

Post  Cale on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Kreativ Snail wrote:We would need an airbrush. Anyone have one? Anyone know how to use one?

I have an airbrush and while I'm probably pretty rusty I can use it just in case some one wants to give this a try.

Cale White Cat

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 1830
Join date : 2009-12-10
Age : 39
Location : York, Pennsylvania

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do It Yourself Chrome LEGO

Post  Brickadier General on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Cale wrote:
Kreativ Snail wrote:We would need an airbrush. Anyone have one? Anyone know how to use one?

I have an airbrush and while I'm probably pretty rusty I can use it just in case some one wants to give this a try.

Cale White Cat
I would possibly be interested, as I'll probably mainly be making vehicles for awhile. I know I want to make more tuckers with chrome, but I don't want to spend the exorbitant amount of money to do it from chromebricks. I think over $20 of chromed bricks went into that car.

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312
Join date : 2009-12-14
Age : 31
Location : Palmyra, PA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do It Yourself Chrome LEGO

Post  Cale on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Brickadier General wrote:
Cale wrote:
Kreativ Snail wrote:We would need an airbrush. Anyone have one? Anyone know how to use one?

I have an airbrush and while I'm probably pretty rusty I can use it just in case some one wants to give this a try.

Cale White Cat
I would possibly be interested, as I'll probably mainly be making vehicles for awhile. I know I want to make more tuckers with chrome, but I don't want to spend the exorbitant amount of money to do it from chromebricks. I think over $20 of chromed bricks went into that car.

Well I think I may need to track some down then and try it. I want to test out the aluminum and I'll try the chrome too. Now to find a place that sells it.

Cale White Cat

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 1830
Join date : 2009-12-10
Age : 39
Location : York, Pennsylvania

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do It Yourself Chrome LEGO

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:26 pm

That is just Paint... That will not hold up very well and will scratch and wear...

We had a 95% reflective paint very similar to that at the shop and it was crap...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum