The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» A new train curve
by afol666 Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:18 am

» LEGO Resale Value
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 pm

» PennLUG Club Member Information Survey.
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 pm

» Master Builder position at the new Plymouth Meeting LEGOLAND Discovery Center
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 pm

» 4DBrick monorail fans
by Kreativ Snail Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:14 am

» Introductions
by cjedwards Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 pm

» Meetings
by mrsrothbricks Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:55 am

» FNS Black Pearl, Fusion Powered Sub MOC (LDD)
by afol666 Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

» Friends and Family 20% off for The Lego Store coupon for this weekend---anyone want it?
by bas157 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

» Sign me up.
by Ben-Laura Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

» Another new member
by MikeKn Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 am

» buWizz remote control
by maarek Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:14 pm

» Bricklink sellers? Profitable?
by MikeKn Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

» eMail - Survey
by maarek Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 am

» LDraw
by Brick_Dad Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am

» MOCs for sale
by Brick_Dad Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:57 pm

» Lego Thunder Road game. ** Joel and Sam **
by classicplasticbricks Sun May 22, 2016 7:08 pm

» Philly Brick Fest 2016 Photos.
by Cale Tue May 17, 2016 2:18 pm

» Ready to join!
by Brianb Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

» wanna play?
by afol666 Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Special Access?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Special Access?

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:00 am

So why do I need special access to see the sales forum? I could see it yesterday... now it says I don't have access.

Back to top Go down

Re: Special Access?

Post  PennLUG on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:41 pm

There are two sections on the PennLUG forums. One is public for those that join the forum. One is private for those that are active club members. Certian topics and threads are kept in the private section, the market place being one of those. The market place contains four seperate topics that are private, but for some unknown reason the one about Store Sales was showing up in the public area. During the last update it reset back into private viewing.

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 518

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:32 am

So you're telling me I need to make it back to a meeting soon to see this stuff... Can you at least tell me who replied to that thread? I got an update, and its driving me nuts to not see it.

Back to top Go down

Post  bas157 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Matt wrote:So you're telling me I need to make it back to a meeting soon to see this stuff... Can you at least tell me who replied to that thread? I got an update, and its driving me nuts to not see it.

I'm kinda in the same boat. Most of the stuff about the meetings, events and I guess other stuff are in the 'special' section. I unfortunately haven't been able to make it to a meeting in a long time, hence no special access so its hard to see what is going on with the group.

bas157
1x2 Brick
1x2 Brick

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:21 pm

They reply was david asking anyone that picks some up to grab a few for him.

As far as info on the next meets and events, we send that info out via email.

Next time you come to a meeting make sure you let me know your online name. We have a few people that have shown up to a few meetings but didn't let me know who they were online.

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:37 am

bas157 wrote:
Matt wrote:So you're telling me I need to make it back to a meeting soon to see this stuff... Can you at least tell me who replied to that thread? I got an update, and its driving me nuts to not see it.

I'm kinda in the same boat. Most of the stuff about the meetings, events and I guess other stuff are in the 'special' section. I unfortunately haven't been able to make it to a meeting in a long time, hence no special access so its hard to see what is going on with the group.

Yeah... no offense guys, but it seems a bit exclusive to hide that stuff away. What's the harm in letting everyone know about sales and such? Seems to be counterintuitive to building any sort of community.

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Its not ment to create exclusivity. Its meant to be a perk for those that are active members. And also to try and get those that join the forum interested in becoming an active member. We currently have 62 registered member of this forum. Of which only 30 are registered as active members. Which is actually much better then I thought. Just show up to another meeting or two, or maybe an event. We are helping out with the grand opening of the Delaware store on the 2nd of October. And if you do, just make sure you let me know who you are on the forum. There were a few very active members that weren't registered for a while because I didn't realize what their forum name was.

Also to re-address the whole private section thing. Because of the growth of our club, and the level of activity we have with the LEGO corp as a result. We have a few perks that we are privilaged to that were not allowed to share with the public. Most people know about the existance of the Bulk program, but were not allowed to share specific details with anyone besides other LUGs.

Try and come out to a few more meetings if you can, we would really like to hang out with you guys more.

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Anyone know if there's still minifigs available at the KOP store? Sunday's my birthday, and I'm planning to head down there to spend my birthday cash, so I'm planning to call and see if they have any then, but if someone knows they're already sold out, it would save me getting my hopes up.

Also: Can you add my registered email onto the list for meeting updates? I'd love to get more of that stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:57 pm

If someone hits up KOP I will try and find out.

As far as the email, have you not gotten any? We have been sending them to everyone. If your not getting them let me know and I will check to see what is going on with your email. We should be sending one out soon about the store opening. I will tell you when it is sent and you let me know if you get it or not.

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  bas157 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm 99.9% certain the store is currently sold out of minifigs. They had some on Tuesday ~6pm. I had called at 5pm on tuesday to see if they had any and they had ~300 the guy said. they had 700 on monday, so I can't image there are any left.I picked up another 16 and there was another guy checking the barcodes so I would think he got 16 also. When I got some, the cashier guy said they may get some more this monday or the following monday, he wasn't sure when they were coming but said that would be the last shipment of them.

bas157
1x2 Brick
1x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Also check walmarts and targets. They have been getting them in as well. Aparently the distripution on these is a bit better then series one, tough they still sel fast

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  bas157 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:03 pm

anyone know the price at Target and Walmart? TRU was selling them for $2.99 instead of the Lego store price of $1.99

bas157
1x2 Brick
1x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:01 pm

$1.99 thats what I paid for the one that I got at target

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  bas157 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:43 pm

$1.97 at Walmart. Picked up a bunch at the Harleysville Walmart this afternoon. Might end up returning all the ones I got from TRU since they were more expensive, still debating doing that.

bas157
1x2 Brick
1x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:05 am

Hold onto them. If I can't get any, I might consider buying some of them from you. Whatcha got? ;D

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:32 am

Another solution to anyone who thinks they are being left out in the dark on up coming events, sales or anything else regarding the forum website here, there are a few of us maintaining a PennLUG & DelVaLUG Facebook group. Any questions or concerns can be brought up there too. It's just another way we can keep up to date and post pictures. The forum is just our primary.
And Joel is right, there are some areas of this website that are additional "perks" for those who are more active in the club. Just for instance, there are some members who don't make many of the meetings or shows, but do stuff like the web design, shirts, or signs (I know that those who do these also do more, I'm just saying...). There are many different ways that members participate within the club. I know I would love to see more of the 62 possible members turning out on a more regular basis.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:03 am

That reminds me. I'll see if I can wrangle up a better version of the image at the top of the forum. Silly that we have to use the one with the white background. I'll see if that's still pack-ratted away on my work computer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:04 am

Also, my wife ordered me 16 of the Series 2 figures from the online Lego store for my birthday. We'll see what I get.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Toys R Us in Lancaster still has several mostly-full cases of minifigs as of 7pm this evening. They're $2.99, but they're also "buy 2, get 3rd free", so it balances out to $1.99, really. I bought 18. 1 of each, plus an extra Spartan and an extra Lifeguard.

Also, if you're sitting on the floor, comparing Lego packages to your iphone for 40 minutes or so, you get LOTS of interesting looks and questions.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top