The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» FNS Black Pearl, Fusion Powered Sub MOC (LDD)
by afol666 Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

» Friends and Family 20% off for The Lego Store coupon for this weekend---anyone want it?
by bas157 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

» Sign me up.
by Ben-Laura Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

» Another new member
by MikeKn Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 am

» Introductions
by Ben-Laura Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:42 pm

» buWizz remote control
by maarek Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:14 pm

» Bricklink sellers? Profitable?
by MikeKn Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

» eMail - Survey
by maarek Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 am

» LDraw
by Brick_Dad Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am

» MOCs for sale
by Brick_Dad Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:57 pm

» Lego Thunder Road game. ** Joel and Sam **
by classicplasticbricks Sun May 22, 2016 7:08 pm

» Philly Brick Fest 2016 Photos.
by Cale Tue May 17, 2016 2:18 pm

» Ready to join!
by Brianb Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

» wanna play?
by afol666 Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

» New Member request
by maarek Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:39 pm

by ruxtpin Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:23 pm

» MAKE Extra $ WEDNESDAY MARCH 9th while playing with LEGOS!! Blue Bell PA (outside Philadelphia)
by whataslacker Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:43 pm

» PennLive.com reporter looking to get in touch with local builders
by Kreativ Snail Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:35 pm

» Wish to Join
by Brickadier General Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:52 pm

» Best place to buy 1x1 tiles?
by Kreativ Snail Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Introductions

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

small car rainbow

Post  Kreativ Snail on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:44 pm

We already had someone build a slight variation of the small car in many colours. We had them on display at BrickMagic and BrickFair. They are really cute, and I am sure there are more colour combinations that could be added to the display. :-)

Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1048

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Re: Introductions

Post  Uniblab on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Chris,

Greetings and welcome. I think we spoke at some length at BrickFair. I am the really tall guy with a beard.

The car dealership has already been discussed, but it hasn't been built yet. I'm going to guess that the member who was thinking about that already has other projects they are working on. You said you haven't built much other than kits. A dealership would be a good thing to work on. A year ago Joel said similar things about himself. He brought things he was working on to meetings and asked for ideas - there was no shortage of suggestions or offers of assistance.

We hold our meetings on the first Saturday of most months. However, due to an event on that weekend we are holding September's meeting on the last Saturday of August. The meeting location has yet to be decided, but hopefully you can make it.

Mike Tighe

Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:33 pm

After much disscussion with Sam, the Dealership project is back on. As soon as I get my LEGO back from Cale.

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 518

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Evil Jack wrote:After much disscussion with Sam, the Dealership project is back on. As soon as I get my LEGO back from Cale.
I never realized you weren't going to do a dealership and besides you always have my inverted smart cars for the display. Keep an eye out for the lime roof top. I haven't found one yet...

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:46 am

Hi all!
Frank here. Greetings from Pittsburgh! I see that the club is based in the eastern part of the state, but being a fellow Pennsylvanian, I thought it would be cool to be a member here!
I am fairly new to this hobby. My oldest son (who is in the Navy) was a big LEGO builder as a child. As his interests changed, I kept some of his LEGOs (mostly space minifigs) in a small box. Earlier this year, I found that box, and I was hooked on LEGOs! LOL! Since then I have purchased a number of sets and loose brick lots. My LEGO interests are: Vehicles (mostly trucks and emergency vehicles), Space (Star Trek themed), WWII era and Civil War era...quite a diverse interest, eh? I usually purchase a set and build it per the set instructions, then modify the set per my interests. I'm currently building a small fleet of fire equipment and am working on a Star Fleet starship bridge diorama.
I see a few members here are into the railroad scene. My younger son and I are BIG train fans! I was also fortunate enough to work for CSX for a number of years! Though I do not own any LEGO train equipment (yet!) I do have a nice collection of N-scale equipment. The LEGO trains look very cool, though!
Well, maybe someday I'll venture east and attend one of your meetings, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy this cool site!
Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:37 am

Hello Frank
welcome to pennlug
I also am an avid N gauge railroader
it is a big jump to go from N to L gauge in scales
all I can say is this ,,, if you ever went to hobby store and bought that nice new N gauge engine
you take it out of the box and put it on the track and thats it ??
once you build your first engine in lego you will be hooked
I was an avid Diesel engine guy but the steam era is taking me over
when you see the amazing builders in the club you will be hooked as well
also go to railbricks.com and you can see some amazing lego trains
Tony,,Vader22135

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:42 am

Thanks, Tony!
I had gone to the LEGO site about a week back to check out the trains. I came across a tutorial on how easy it was to work with the locomotive "motor". Pretty cool!!! I've even gone to the local TRU to check out the LEGO trainsets. Could a LEGO train be in my future? Possibly! But as you say, it's quite a jump fron N to L, especially when it comes to space. But..."Where there's a will, there's a way!" LOL. I guess what I really like about LEGO is it's a LOT like model building...without the paint & glue! I love the creativity of LEGO...most fun!!!
Frank

BTW...Nice train display you've got there!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Glad to have you on the boards. Stop by the chat sometimes. We do alot of talking on there.

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:07 am

Welcome to PennLUG Frank. I don't think your interests are any more diverse than anyone else here. I build castle, town buildings for the train layout, holiday themed things, and snails. I also collect minifigs, and I love Star Trek, even though I don't build it.

Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1048

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 am

Welcome aboard Frank. I used to have an N scale train layout as a kid. still collect HO scale on occasion but I don't currently have a layout to run on. My main model train interest is LEGO.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/collections/72157616002133086/

Maybe we can meet up with the group some time at a convention.

Cale

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 1782

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 am

WOW! Thanks for that link, Cale! The more I see, the more I would like to work with LEGO trains! What kind of info is out there to get started in this scale? Those locomotives and freight cars look really cool!!!
Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:12 am

Evil Jack wrote:Glad to have you on the boards. Stop by the chat sometimes. We do alot of talking on there.

Thanks! I'll have to try out the chat room...especially since I have a lot of questions about the hobby!
Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 am

Kreativ Snail wrote:Welcome to PennLUG Frank. I don't think your interests are any more diverse than anyone else here. I build castle, town buildings for the train layout, holiday themed things, and snails. I also collect minifigs, and I love Star Trek, even though I don't build it.

Cool! It's good to know that I'm not the only one with such a diverse field of interest in respect to LEGO. In just a few months I'm having a blast creating things with these cool building bricks! I just wish I had discovered this hobby a LOT sooner! LOL
Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

CAPT. BRICKTON wrote: WOW! Thanks for that link, Cale! The more I see, the more I would like to work with LEGO trains! What kind of info is out there to get started in this scale? Those locomotives and freight cars look really cool!!!
Frank

Here are some good places to start with trains.

RAILBRICKS Magazine

All the issues are available for free online and there is a lot of great info in the blog archives as well.

LEGO Train MOCs

LEGO Train MOCs: Layouts and dioramas

LEGO Train Ideas

Three good Flickr train groups.

Eurobricks LEGO Train Tech

The most active LEGO Train forum.

Train-N-Town

Not as active but still a good forum.

Cale

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks for all the great links, Cale! I'm already investigating these. I gather that 8 wide is the standard for freight cars? Sure looks like a lot of bricks go into a car!
Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:55 am

CAPT. BRICKTON wrote:Thanks for all the great links, Cale! I'm already investigating these. I gather that 8 wide is the standard for freight cars? Sure looks like a lot of bricks go into a car!
Frank

The truth is that there is no standard. Lots of builders do great work in the more traditional 6 wide and official LEGO train sets have always stuck to 6 wide. But many of us like the better detail and more scale like proportions of 8 wide. It's realy up to you to decide what you like.

Cale

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:34 am

Ah, that's interesting! Some of the MOC creations I've seen has the builder touting the width they've used as if they were building to a "standard". I agree with you that 8 wide seems about right for railroad equipment. I've been using 6 wide for my fire equipment...LEGO's 4 wide on some fire trucks looks a bit too narrow.
Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:24 am

CAPT. BRICKTON wrote:Hi all!
Frank here. Greetings from Pittsburgh! I see that the club is based in the eastern part of the state, but being a fellow Pennsylvanian, I thought it would be cool to be a member here!
I am fairly new to this hobby. My oldest son (who is in the Navy) was a big LEGO builder as a child. As his interests changed, I kept some of his LEGOs (mostly space minifigs) in a small box. Earlier this year, I found that box, and I was hooked on LEGOs! LOL! Since then I have purchased a number of sets and loose brick lots. My LEGO interests are: Vehicles (mostly trucks and emergency vehicles), Space (Star Trek themed), WWII era and Civil War era...quite a diverse interest, eh? I usually purchase a set and build it per the set instructions, then modify the set per my interests. I'm currently building a small fleet of fire equipment and am working on a Star Fleet starship bridge diorama.
I see a few members here are into the railroad scene. My younger son and I are BIG train fans! I was also fortunate enough to work for CSX for a number of years! Though I do not own any LEGO train equipment (yet!) I do have a nice collection of N-scale equipment. The LEGO trains look very cool, though!
Well, maybe someday I'll venture east and attend one of your meetings, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy this cool site!
Frank
Hi and welcome to the hobby and PennLUG. Have lots of fun. Even though you're in Western PA, I hope you will be able to do something fun with the club at some point.

It sounds like you have a lot of good ideas. I look forward to seeing your work in the future.

P.S. Lego Civil War? Hmm, Sounds cool! Very Happy

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 307

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

Central Susquehanna Valley LEGO fan

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi, everyone! My name is Ron. I live just below Williamsport, PA along the Susquehanna River. I've been into LEGO since I was a kid, but I have had somewhat of a revival since my daughter came along. I enjoy the quality family time that my family spends together building with LEGO. We enjoy mostly the TRAIN and CITY themes, with a little LEGO STAR WARS thrown in for good measure.

We were really impressed with the layout PENNLUG presented at this years' Steamtown Railfest. My daughter and I have since started building our own little layout in the attic. I'd love to get the family to one of the bigger events someday. Brickworld in Chicago is a possible family vacation spot this summer.

Not sure if I'll be able to make any meetings since we do practice our LEGO as a family (and 6 year olds are not always welcomed), plus we live about 3 hours away from everyone else. I am so glad though to have these forums to help connect with other PA LEGO fans. Keep up the beautiful work guys!

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Nice to meet you Ron. Don't think that you can't come to a meeting due to location. We have many different members all over the place, and we rotate the meeting locations. I live in Allentown. Even if you do all your LEGO stuff at home, its still good to come out and meet some of us. You can always get building ideas and tips. Starting on Black Friday we will be having a LEGO train display running at America On Wheels in Allentown. Would be good to have you come by and check it out or even help out if you like.

Well hope to hear more from you in the future. Feel free to pop into the chat sometime and talk.

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Lego Lover!

Post  SWLegoLover on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Hello All!
I've recently decided to truly embrace my love of LEGO and share it with the world! (Or at least my local community.) I have amassed quite a collection of Star Wars Lego minifigures (over 300) and I don't even own them all! (That still amazes me.) I buy and build the smaller Star Wars sets and then don't mess with them so I don't have a lot of bricks available for building.

I have started to use MLCad to design Lego creations. It's helpful to know just how many and what kind of bricks I need to actually build it later.

Hoping to attend BrickFair in DC in August.

Nicki
(aka Zen-Ti Rom)

SWLegoLover
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Female Posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniblab on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:23 am

Hi Nicki. Welcome. Perhaps you could make it to one of our meetings near Philly before BrickFair. We have meetings the first Saturday of each month, with a few exceptions due to Holidays or Brick Events.

I didn't know there were that many Star Wars Mini-figs. I'd love to see some of the unusual ones if you wouldn't mind bringing part of your collection to a meeting.

If you've never been to a "Brick Event" before you will love BrickFair.

Mike Tighe

Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post  cjedwards on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:55 am

Uniblab wrote:Hi Nicki. Welcome. Perhaps you could make it to one of our meetings near Philly before BrickFair. We have meetings the first Saturday of each month, with a few exceptions due to Holidays or Brick Events.

Specifically, I'll be hosting the next meeting in Lansdowne on February 5th. I have some rare Star Wars figs (but I've never counted them).

-Chris

cjedwards
King of the Action

Male Posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Greetings fellow LEGO enthusiasts!

Consider me a neophyte to the LEGO collection scene. At this point in time I am focusing on rebuilding and completing sets that I originally had when I was younger (mid 90s-about 2000). I hope to get more involved with the LEGO community, especially the local one.

I hope to meet everyone around the forums, and attend any meetings that I can!

~AJ

Back to top Go down

Hi

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:35 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I appoligize if I don't get the hang of posting right away. I live in Pottstown, Pa and I'm a huge construction toy fan, it's pretty much my job to know the stuff.
I don't know when I'll get the chance to come to a monthly meeting but I will most likely be attending the 2011 Brickworld in Chicago. If anyone else is going I'd be interested in meeting other Penn Lego users in the Windy City.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top