The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» FNS Black Pearl, Fusion Powered Sub MOC (LDD)
by afol666 Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

» Friends and Family 20% off for The Lego Store coupon for this weekend---anyone want it?
by bas157 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

» Sign me up.
by Ben-Laura Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

» Another new member
by MikeKn Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 am

» Introductions
by Ben-Laura Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:42 pm

» buWizz remote control
by maarek Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:14 pm

» Bricklink sellers? Profitable?
by MikeKn Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

» eMail - Survey
by maarek Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 am

» LDraw
by Brick_Dad Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am

» MOCs for sale
by Brick_Dad Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:57 pm

» Lego Thunder Road game. ** Joel and Sam **
by classicplasticbricks Sun May 22, 2016 7:08 pm

» Philly Brick Fest 2016 Photos.
by Cale Tue May 17, 2016 2:18 pm

» Ready to join!
by Brianb Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

» wanna play?
by afol666 Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

» New Member request
by maarek Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:39 pm

by ruxtpin Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:23 pm

» MAKE Extra $ WEDNESDAY MARCH 9th while playing with LEGOS!! Blue Bell PA (outside Philadelphia)
by whataslacker Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:43 pm

» PennLive.com reporter looking to get in touch with local builders
by Kreativ Snail Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:35 pm

» Wish to Join
by Brickadier General Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:52 pm

» Best place to buy 1x1 tiles?
by Kreativ Snail Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Introductions

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Introductions

Post  randomdan on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Steve Jackson wrote:Bare baseplates are eeeeeevil.

I've always wanted to build a baseplateless space scene with mobile buildings, shipping crates, and vehicles... something that you could take outside, drop down anywhere, and it would look like explorers on an alien planet. The world is a blank slate!

randomdan
Raw ABS pellet

Male Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Dan: awesome!

Post  Steve Jackson on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:05 am

You work for (or at least with) the railroad IRL!

Steve Jackson
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  adhdferret on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:29 am

Hello all. My name is Bobby my wife's name is Samantha and my 5 year old sons name is Kaleb. We live in Millmont.

Been collecting since October last year and have a bit over 400 sets including most all cmf to date. We also have started a group for kids at our local library. Dusty lego does nothing for us. Although the extra pieces we have is around 80 pounds and they like it. We also loan our sets out to local bussiness for display.

Recently got all the xmas sets and cant wait to display them for others to see. Wanted to join to be able to trade for brick or whatever. Dont really do moc much. I have done a few polybag size ones, but nothing large.

Hope to hear from others sometime.

adhdferret
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Welcome!

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 578

Back to top Go down

Post  CrispyBassist on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:37 am

Hello!

I'm Matt Csenge, I'm a train builder and active member of I LUG NY (please teach me how to submit PennLUG dues and I gladly will). I'm from the NY-metro area, currently living in Illinois as I pursue a master's degree in civil engineering, specializing in railroads (track design in particular). Then likely back to the East Coast for me.

I'm wicked fond of model railroads and try to build my trains with as much detail as possible in brick. Favorite railroad is the New York, New Haven & Hartford. I also like quirky bits of fun mixed into supposedly "serious" layouts.

Glad to be here!

CrispyBassist
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Holland on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Hello to all at PennLUG!

I am Glenn Holland, I'm a freshman at York College of Pennsylvania pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Hopefully I will be working for the Morgan Motor Company after I graduate. I'm a huge fan of trains, my pride and joy is my model of the Pennsylvania Railroad #3768. There's more at home, of course, but at college, space is limited to Lego Digital Designer. When the semester ends I'm planning on building much more.

Happy to be a part of a great club!

Glenn Holland
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Welcome!

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:31 am

Welcome

Cale

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 1789

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the First State

Post  audio525 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:20 am

Hello Everybody,

My name is Josh Grassi, I'm a big fan of city/town builds as well as train layouts and general nerd for LEGO (aren't we all). I started playing/building with LEGO as a kid and then for this reason or that I put them away for some years. I got back into them right around when the R2-D2 set came out and it's snowballed from there. Currently, I'm working on a turntable for a train setup/layout I'm trying to bring to life.

I look forward to interacting with everyone on the forum!

-Josh

audio525
Raw ABS pellet

Male Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Hello

Post  mathicus7 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Hello my name is Matt. I am currently living in Grantville and love to build all things Castle. I am currently collecting my armies. I am also interested in creating mosaic.

mathicus7
Raw ABS pellet

Male Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  danny316p on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi, I'm Dan. I'm currently in the process of moving to greater Harrisburg. I think I've met most of the group over the years - I've been a regular at conventions for a while and usually volunteer at BrickFair events. Did this forum really only start in late 2009? I remember crashing a PennLUG Sandcrawler speed build at BrickFair that year.

I build in pretty much every theme, but haven't been as active with town and train as I'd like in recent years. I'm looking forward to actually being near town/train builders again - since things fell apart for me a few years ago, I've gotten used to either flying to events or driving a few hours to get to GFLUG shows (both of which make it difficult to bring big MOCs). I'll keep travelling to events after I get to PA, too - I'm active with BioniLUG and already have plans to run an FOL display at a few Maker Faire events for them and invite other LUGs to join in.

It's still not certain when/where I'll be in PA (actually buying a house in PA and selling the house in FL is taking longer than expected), but I can't wait to get back to displaying and building again. I should be able to show up at a PennLUG meeting sometime in the next few months, and I've also committed to this year's BrickFair New England and BrickFair Virginia.

danny316p
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianb on Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:05 pm

Welcome Dan! If you do end up in Harrisburg area, our next meeting is in Lemoyne, PA on Sat March 5th. (Cannot get much closer than that for a meeting...). Let us know and we will forward meeting details.
Thanks

Brian

Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 426

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

New Member - Matthew

Post  Matthew-Jeffory on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Hello all,

My name is Matthew Lech. Im a huge LEGO fan. I am currently part of SteelCityLUG and wish to join this LUG so i can attend many other events that either LUG's may not attend the same event.
Im looking forward to attending a meeting some time, but i am currently 3 hours away from both LUG's. Also i should be attending Philly Brick Fest.

Thank You!

Matthew Lech

Matthew-Jeffory
Raw ABS pellet

Male Posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello Matt

Bummer that you have such a long drive to a LUG. Most of the PennLUG folks live anywhere between Harrisburg and Philadelphia or Allentown. Someone gets stuck driving 2 hours no matter where we hold the meetings, but we do move them around to be fair to everyone. Our March meeting is out in Lemoyne PA, so maybe that one will be a little closer for you than the ones near me. snail KC

Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1049

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Hey there

Post  sammoe on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Hello all, Sam Moehler here, I am friends with Matt (Jeffory). I like to build trains the most, when I can. Right now I am working on 5 passenger cars in LDD and a MOC engine. I want to join PennLUG so I can attend some events with you all and hopefully run my engines on the awesome layouts you make. I am attending Philly brickfest (the only reason is to see PennLUGs layout) and should be able to bring 2 engines, no cars yet.

-Sammoe

sammoe
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Hi my name is Joe

Post  Isrowei on Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Joe and I've been a .. ah.. lurker.. in the eastern US Lego community for many years... since the mid 90's and LUGNET was the place to be and Ebay was the only place to buy bricks (cheap too!). Since the beginning days of Bricklink I've been running a small online shop for over 15 years and floated in and out of MANY LUGs (WamaLUG, DixieLUG, NELUG, etc) as I moved around in the military. Since moving to the great state of PA in the recent past, I've decided this is a good time to get a bit more connected into the Lego community.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and especially the May meeting since it'll be in Allentown which is where I work! (though I live an hour south... ah commutes)

Thanks for having me!

Isrowei
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General on Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:50 pm

sammoe wrote:Hello all, Sam Moehler here, I am friends with Matt (Jeffory).  I like to build trains the most, when I can.  Right now I am working on 5 passenger cars in LDD and a MOC engine.  I want to join PennLUG so I can attend some events with you all and hopefully run my engines on the awesome layouts you make.  I am attending Philly brickfest (the only reason is to see PennLUGs layout) and should be able to bring 2 engines, no cars yet.

-Sammoe
Hey Sam, sorry for being late to the game but welcome. It was nice to meet you at the meeting. If you come to Philly BrickFest you will be in train heaven.
Isrowei wrote:Hey everyone, my name is Joe and I've been a .. ah.. lurker.. in the eastern US Lego community for many years... since the mid 90's and LUGNET was the place to be and Ebay was the only place to buy bricks (cheap too!). Since the beginning days of Bricklink I've been running a small online shop for over 15 years and floated in and out of MANY LUGs (WamaLUG, DixieLUG, NELUG, etc) as I moved around in the military. Since moving to the great state of PA in the recent past, I've decided this is a good time to get a bit more connected into the Lego community.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and especially the May meeting since it'll be in Allentown which is where I work! (though I live an hour south... ah commutes)

Thanks for having me!
Welcome to PA, Joe and welcome to PennLUG. Because PA is such a big state, our meetings are all across the map (those usually central and eastern PA).

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 307

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

New Member Introduction!

Post  Corndog67 on Sun May 01, 2016 10:31 pm

Hey everyone!

I saw you guys at Brickfest the other day and asked to get involved. I was directed here, so here I am! About me: I've been building with LEGO for as long as I can remember. I've played a lot of LEGO video games too. I'm primarily a minifig and minifig accessory collector. I like keeping all my pieces organized so I can always make the perfect figure for any occasion. Most of my builds are set a post-apocalyptic universe; the world has moved on and left behind both the living...and the dead. I'm a big fan of Fallout, The Walking Dead, and King's Dark Tower, so that informs a lot of my work. I consider myself a friendly guy, so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks for having me!

Corndog67
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  maarek on Mon May 02, 2016 2:07 pm

Corndog67 wrote:Hey everyone!

I saw you guys at Brickfest the other day and asked to get involved. I was directed here, so here I am! About me: I've been building with LEGO for as long as I can remember. I've played a lot of LEGO video games too. I'm primarily a minifig and minifig accessory collector. I like keeping all my pieces organized so I can always make the perfect figure for any occasion. Most of my builds are set a post-apocalyptic universe; the world has moved on and left behind both the living...and the dead. I'm a big fan of Fallout, The Walking Dead, and King's Dark Tower, so that informs a lot of my work. I consider myself a friendly guy, so feel free to drop me a line anytime. Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the forums. We also have a decent presence on facebook as well, but all our club mailers and whatnot come from the forums here. I'm similarly a fan of post-apoc as are several others I think. Look forward to talking to you more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

maarek
Strategos

Male Posts : 418

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

Back to top Go down

hello!!

Post  afol666 on Thu May 12, 2016 4:58 pm

my name is tony sarmento and have been back into lego for over 5yrs now. i still feel like like a baby in the lego community. i met a few of you at the first philly brickfest and was most impressed with the train display that you put on. i am pretty much an introvert and i guess this is my first attempt to crawl out of my shell.

afol666
Raw ABS pellet

Male Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianb on Sun May 15, 2016 8:55 pm

afol666 wrote:my name is tony sarmento and have been back into lego for over 5yrs now. i still feel like like a baby in the lego community. i met a few of you at the first philly brickfest and was most impressed with the train display that you put on.  i am pretty much an introvert and i guess this is my first attempt to crawl out of my shell.

Thanks for the compliment! Welcome to PennLUG!

Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 426

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

New Guy Here

Post  Brick_Dad on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi.  My name is Steve.  And I'm a Lego-holic.  It's been 12 minutes since I've thought about Legos...and 20 minutes since I've built Legos (they sit on my desk at work Smile ).  But hi everyone!  As my name indicates, I'm a dad who likes Legos and who has a very supportive and understanding wife.  By profession, I'm a transportation planner, specializing in multi-modal transportation (trains, bikes, pedestrians) with an emphasis on sustainable networks and initiatives (wow I made that sound boring!).  By night, I'm a superhero (for my son) or princess (for my daughter) or lover (for my wife...thank goodness she won't frequent these sites Smile ).  After a hiatus from my childhood (high school, college, marriage, working etc) I'm back into Legos, for about only the past 6 months.  Right now my passion is trains and winter/holiday scenes.  Around Christmas I transform into Clark Griswold, so I'm working on building my Winter Village layout to start.  I also buy Star Wars sets under the guise that they're for my son in the future.  I also proudly own a bunch of Frozen and Princess sets.  But I enjoy and appreciate all Lego creations and sets; I don't discriminate!  Guess that's enough for me, and just enough private information that the North Koreans can't hack my accounts.  Later!
Steve

Brick_Dad
Raw ABS pellet

Male Posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben-Laura on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:35 pm

Hello, all!

My name is Ben or Laura, depending on which way my gender identity is pointing on a given day (yes that means I'm transgender & possibly the first such person to join this LUG). I've been into Lego since I was at least 10 years old, with only 2 real dark ages (one from 1994-1997 and one from 2000-2009 due to my being in the Navy) during that time period.

Speaking of which, even though I'm glad to be out of the Navy, I love building Naval ships in System scale, ranging from Fast/River Boats up to Light Cruisers and everything in between. Said ships, like most of my other creations would fall under Steam/Diesel punk and Post-Apocalyptic categories, and are built for a setting that is essentially a continuation of the LEGO world my younger brother & I created during our LEGO play time when we were kids. It basically looks like what you'd get if you mixed equal parts Mad Max, Fallout, Warhammer 40k, Star Wars, WWII sci-fi (Like Command & Conquer Red Alert) and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and baked them in a blast furnace for several hours, then throw in references to everything from Game of Thrones, Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40K, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and whatever else takes my fancy & liberally spice with a warped sense of humor, and that's what my LEGO setting is like. Therefore, I also build a lot of aircraft that would fall under the "Sky-Fi" category (e.g. fighter jets that are loosely based on early WWII/Korean War jet fighter designs), as well as funky steam/diesel punk trains.

I also collect & customize Friends, Elves & Disney Princess sets & just love the minidolls (as you'll see below, I collect actual Disney Princess dolls as well as other dolls), and have made MoCs or am making MoCs that are based on Friends or Disney Princess sets that fit in with the above described setting (for instance I bought the Dolphin Cruiser & just picked up a full set of boat hull pieces from another at BrickFair to make an armed cruise liner for said setting that will be entirely crewed by minidolls, with Princess Ariel as the captain).

Some other things about myself... I like the Final Fantasy series of video games, and my current Avatar is a somewhat dated pic of my character from Final Fantasy XIV (one of 2 MMOs in the series), I also collect Ever After High Dolls (and I must add: damn Mattel for siding with Imitation LEGO, which means I'll never be able to have a Raven Queen or Madeline Hatter minidoll, since Monster High & EaH are both licensed to MB), Disney Princess dolls, and various coins & exonumia (Tokens, souvenir coins, challenge coins, etc). I'm also a big fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, so I guess that makes me the Token Brony member as well. Laughing

Furthermore, I am a really avid gardener, and my plant budget is often at odds with my Lego budget (the kinds of rare/unusual plants that I grow around my house aren't cheap), but if I ever end up hosting a meeting, you all will get to see just how unique a variety of plants I have in my yard is. I have things such as hardy citrus, various types of non-running bamboos, native bamboo, hardy gingers, hardy bananas, unusual varieties of native prairie grasses and such.

Anyways, nice meeting you all,
Ben

Ben-Laura
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:36 am

Welcome!

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick