The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» FNS Black Pearl, Fusion Powered Sub MOC (LDD)
by afol666 Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

» Friends and Family 20% off for The Lego Store coupon for this weekend---anyone want it?
by bas157 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

» Sign me up.
by Ben-Laura Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

» Another new member
by MikeKn Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 am

» Introductions
by Ben-Laura Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:42 pm

» buWizz remote control
by maarek Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:14 pm

» Bricklink sellers? Profitable?
by MikeKn Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

» eMail - Survey
by maarek Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 am

» LDraw
by Brick_Dad Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am

» MOCs for sale
by Brick_Dad Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:57 pm

» Lego Thunder Road game. ** Joel and Sam **
by classicplasticbricks Sun May 22, 2016 7:08 pm

» Philly Brick Fest 2016 Photos.
by Cale Tue May 17, 2016 2:18 pm

» Ready to join!
by Brianb Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

» wanna play?
by afol666 Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

» New Member request
by maarek Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:39 pm

by ruxtpin Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:23 pm

» MAKE Extra $ WEDNESDAY MARCH 9th while playing with LEGOS!! Blue Bell PA (outside Philadelphia)
by whataslacker Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:43 pm

» PennLive.com reporter looking to get in touch with local builders
by Kreativ Snail Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:35 pm

» Wish to Join
by Brickadier General Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:52 pm

» Best place to buy 1x1 tiles?
by Kreativ Snail Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Introductions

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Introductions

Post  D_Runyon on Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 am

Josh R. wrote:So the next meeting is June the 3rd at 11:00am. Does anyone know the exact location??

Meeting's on June 3 at 11:30 or 12ish. The exact location... should have gone out by e-mail. If you didn't get it, send me or Cale a PM and we'll make sure the info gets to you. General location is Harrisburg/Susquehanna Twp, PA.

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 578

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh R. on Wed May 30, 2012 2:24 pm

OK yeah i got the email. Thank you.

Josh R.
Raw ABS pellet

Male Posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 am

Hey Guys!

My name is Justin and I am from York, PA. I am a huge LEGO city and Architecture fan. Even though the Architecture series is fairly simply I enjoy recreating some of the worlds most famous landmarks. I hope to attend some meetings and join in on the fun.

Take care,
Justin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianb on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Welcome Justin,

Our next regular meeting is going to be in Lemoyne on Sat July 7th, hope you can make it.

Brian

Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 427

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

Met some folks at Comicon

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:30 am

Howdy.

My name is Greg.

I met some nice folks at comicon Philly (Nate and KC Ross) and thought I'd check out the forum to get my feet wet.

I was the guy showing some crummy phone photos of large classic space moc's and works in process.

I've been building for just under three years (after a 20 to 30 year break). Interests include classic space, and juvinile builds with my daughter, and frankly whatever. I tend to be more old school than "neo", but dont hold me to it.

I just want to meet some folks, discuss technique, and get more info on train builds and customizing bricks / decals / minifigs.

That's it for now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:00 am

Glad to see you on here, Greg. Sorry for the late reply, but Brickworld had a lot of us busy this past week. This is Nate, and welcome to the forums!

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 446

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Greetings

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:02 pm

My name is Chris B and I met quite a few of you today at the KOP meet. I live in Ft Lauderdale, FL but M-F I work in West Chester, PA.

I recently got back into Lego since my 6 year old daughter now builds on her own. Now we build together! She likes Lego Friends. I like the big town sets (Grand Emporium, Pet Shop).

Thanks Kristen (I think that's your name, if not I apologize, I'm not the best with names) for the 3 grab bags.

It was great to meet you all.

Chromium
LEGO

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Welcome aboard everyone . Feel free to drop by a meeting or event.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Intro

Post  KmyRug on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi All,
I am Kirsten, was an art major and this is a completely new and exciting medium for me. I have two small boys (4 & 2 years old) who love LEGO almost as much as me. I am so glad to have found a club of similarly minded folks who share in my passion for these building bricks! I have attended 2 meetings and hope to make it to many more, hopefully people allow the presence of my children at some meetings for short periods when other arrangements cannot be made.
I am currently working on a HUGE Cuusoo Project "Built Anatomy" It is a life size Skeleton and internal organs that are intended to teach through building. Although I just started in June of this year I like to dive right in and dream BIG.
Every one I have met thus far is amzing in their own right and I can't wait to see more and contribute to some events and exhibitions. I reallly like the Star Wars Line, Monster Hunter's and Ninjago. Because that's what I build most for my boys. But, I am starting to scale down and excited to try some micro building!
Also, I live really close to King of Prussia and frequently have grab bags at cost approx. $8.30 per bag - You are welcome to them if you see me they are always in the trunk of my car. That is All, I look forward to meeting many of you!

KmyRug
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Female Posts : 158

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/22305

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:43 pm

KmyRug wrote:Hi All,
I am Kirsten, was an art major and this is a completely new and exciting medium for me. I have two small boys (4 & 2 years old) who love LEGO almost as much as me. I am so glad to have found a club of similarly minded folks who share in my passion for these building bricks! I have attended 2 meetings and hope to make it to many more, hopefully people allow the presence of my children at some meetings for short periods when other arrangements cannot be made.
I am currently working on a HUGE Cuusoo Project "Built Anatomy" It is a life size Skeleton and internal organs that are intended to teach through building. Although I just started in June of this year I like to dive right in and dream BIG.
Every one I have met thus far is amzing in their own right and I can't wait to see more and contribute to some events and exhibitions. I reallly like the Star Wars Line, Monster Hunter's and Ninjago. Because that's what I build most for my boys. But, I am starting to scale down and excited to try some micro building!
Also, I live really close to King of Prussia and frequently have grab bags at cost approx. $8.30 per bag - You are welcome to them if you see me they are always in the trunk of my car. That is All, I look forward to meeting many of you!

Welcome to the club, it was nice to meet you in person at the last DelVaLUG meeting @ KoP.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  bsevans on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 am

Hello all,

I am very exicted to once again to start getting back into Legos! I had sold all or given away all my Lego about 10 years when I needed the cash for a "wedding." I am now financially able to get back into the hobby! I will say it has changed a little since I left, but exited to start again.

I am big into the trains side of things, mostly due to always being around HO modesl sets all my life. I just put in a very large order to Lego to get started, and excited to start building!

I plan to start the layout bench work after the basement is cleaned over the next few months, and start designing the layout.

I hope no one minds being asked questions, as I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions.

bsevans
Raw ABS pellet

Male Posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  vyronwynter on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 pm

Hello and welcome.

Questions are good. The LUG is here to promote interest in the hobby. And you will find a wealth of information from all quarters of our group.

Tony Sties

Last edited by vyronwynter on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

vyronwynter
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post  maarek on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 pm

bsevans wrote:Hello all,

I am very exicted to once again to start getting back into Legos! I had sold all or given away all my Lego about 10 years when I needed the cash for a "wedding." I am now financially able to get back into the hobby! I will say it has changed a little since I left, but exited to start again.

I am big into the trains side of things, mostly due to always being around HO modesl sets all my life. I just put in a very large order to Lego to get started, and excited to start building!

I plan to start the layout bench work after the basement is cleaned over the next few months, and start designing the layout.

I hope no one minds being asked questions, as I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions.

Nope ask questions! We have quite a few Train folks and Spacers, and everything in between. Welcome and feel free to ask anything. I know I use "Blue Brick" for layout design. I think Cale also uses it heavily as well. It's got a small handicap to figure it all out, but is good once you get used to it. http://bluebrick.lswproject.com

Not that you need to show off but Flickr is a great resource and free to post pictures online, etc.

See ya around
Jim aka Maarek

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

maarek
Strategos

Male Posts : 418

Back to top Go down

Post  bsevans on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 pm

maarek wrote:
bsevans wrote:Hello all,

Nope ask questions! We have quite a few Train folks and Spacers, and everything in between. Welcome and feel free to ask anything. I know I use "Blue Brick" for layout design. I think Cale also uses it heavily as well. It's got a small handicap to figure it all out, but is good once you get used to it.

Not that you need to show off but Flickr is a great resource and free to post pictures online, etc.

See ya around
Jim aka Maarek

Thanks for the suggestion! Will look that over and hopfully have an idea of a layout soon. Gather parts on the other hand, will take some time, since i am starting from scratch again.

I will post pics when I have something.

bsevans
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily K. on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Hello, my name's Emily. I live in York. I am a fan of the Harry Potter Legos. My boyfriend and I came to the train show on Sunday, and got to meet a few of you. We're excited to attend an upcoming meeting.

Emily K.
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniblab on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi Emily,

Greetings and welcome. I didn't get to meet you Sunday, I got there later in the day. I look forward to meeting you and your boyfriend. Does he build also? What do you (both) like to build? My favorite themes are Technic and Mindstorms but I can appreciate all the amazing creations I've seen from all themes.

As you were probably told Sunday, our next meeting is somewhere near Philly (I think) on February 2nd, and the meeting after that will be in Lancaster on March 2nd. I'll be hosting that one.

I hope to meet you soon.

Mike Tighe

Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily K. on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks! He also builds and will be posting on here soon. I like Harry Potter a lot, but appreciate all that Lego has to offer. We are going to start work soon on a whole set up that will include a mountain, railroad, and of course Hogwarts and Diagon Alley. We were told about the next meeting, but it is a bit far to travel. We are definitely interested in the March meeting in Lancaster.

Hope to see you in March,
Emily

Emily K.
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  ctbyrne on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:54 pm

I'm hosting in February and my zip code is 19116 for reference.

ctbyrne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 497

http://www.bricksonthedollar.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom O on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:31 pm

Hello, I'm Tom (Emily's boyfriend). Growing up, my favorite themes were Castle and Pirates, although I had a lot of Town sets, too. I haven't tried Mindstorms yet, but I really enjoy the 4.5v Dacta kits I have for the Apple II. It's been a few years since I've had them set up, though; I'm really hoping my 5.25" floppies are still good.

Emily and I have been kicking around ideas for a layout. It's still in the earliest stages, but perhaps I'll start a thread with some pictures.

I live just west of Carlisle. Philadelphia is a bit far for me, but I'm hoping to make it to meetings in the York/Harrisburg/Lancaster area.

Tom O
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Tom O wrote:Hello, I'm Tom (Emily's boyfriend). Growing up, my favorite themes were Castle and Pirates, although I had a lot of Town sets, too. I haven't tried Mindstorms yet, but I really enjoy the 4.5v Dacta kits I have for the Apple II. It's been a few years since I've had them set up, though; I'm really hoping my 5.25" floppies are still good.

Emily and I have been kicking around ideas for a layout. It's still in the earliest stages, but perhaps I'll start a thread with some pictures.

I live just west of Carlisle. Philadelphia is a bit far for me, but I'm hoping to make it to meetings in the York/Harrisburg/Lancaster area.

There is also a Pittsburgh base LEGO group now too, Steel City LUG. That maybe something closer to you, I'm not sure. I can put you in contact with them if you like. Welcome aboard anyways.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  bsevans on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:35 am

I was hoping to make the show this weekend, but due to the 3 hour dentist trip, I was unable to make it. I was really looking forward to finally meet some of the members.

Welcome Emily!

bsevans
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 am

Welcome aboard, all! It's fun to meet new folks, especially in my part of the state!

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Hi there!

Post  Seth Porczynski on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi guys, my name is Seth Porczynski. Most people in the LEGO world, know me as my Flickr name, <[{TLB}]>.

Unfortunately, I'm only 15 (16 in May), so I won't be joining you guys anytime soon. But I figured I'd get to know everybody on the forums, and everything. I live in Quakertown, which is north of Philly. I'd say building plays a big part in my life, and I've loved all of it. I am a military builder, but I can build most genres. What are you guys into building?

Anyway, thanks to maarekstorm, I found you guys, and am really excited to know that there are others in and around the PA area that share the love of building.

-Seth

Seth Porczynski
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  maarek on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Hey Seth, Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Absolutely join in the conversations around just make sure like I mentioned before to get your Parent's ok. Don't want to upset them.

I primarily like Star Wars, and other Licensed Themes. I build Town, some military stuff(mostly figs), and Space to go with Star Wars. Smile

Also not to be creepy, but I live in Quakertown as well. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums. Smile

Jim aka Maarek (Storm)

maarek
Strategos

Male Posts : 418

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Welcome, Seth. I'm David and I build space/sci-fi (and dabble in lots of other themes).

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top