The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» A new train curve
by afol666 Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:18 am

» LEGO Resale Value
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 pm

» PennLUG Club Member Information Survey.
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 pm

» Master Builder position at the new Plymouth Meeting LEGOLAND Discovery Center
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 pm

» 4DBrick monorail fans
by Kreativ Snail Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:14 am

» Introductions
by cjedwards Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 pm

» Meetings
by mrsrothbricks Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:55 am

» FNS Black Pearl, Fusion Powered Sub MOC (LDD)
by afol666 Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

» Friends and Family 20% off for The Lego Store coupon for this weekend---anyone want it?
by bas157 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

» Sign me up.
by Ben-Laura Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

» Another new member
by MikeKn Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 am

» buWizz remote control
by maarek Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:14 pm

» Bricklink sellers? Profitable?
by MikeKn Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

» eMail - Survey
by maarek Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 am

» LDraw
by Brick_Dad Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am

» MOCs for sale
by Brick_Dad Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:57 pm

» Lego Thunder Road game. ** Joel and Sam **
by classicplasticbricks Sun May 22, 2016 7:08 pm

» Philly Brick Fest 2016 Photos.
by Cale Tue May 17, 2016 2:18 pm

» Ready to join!
by Brianb Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

» wanna play?
by afol666 Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

New Sega Genesis game to (hopefully) come out in the near future.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Sega Genesis game to (hopefully) come out in the near future.

Post  Brickadier General on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:33 pm

I know there are some retro gaming enthusiasts here that would be interested in this news. The past decade or so has witnessed a number of indie developers making previously unreleased or completely new games for long dead systems; Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, Atari Jaguar, Sega CD, etc. In recent years, the Sega Genesis received two RPGs that were previously only sold in Japan. Now I have stumbled upon a game that has been designed from the ground up and is currently in beta testing, and it makes me want to get back into the Sega Genesis and CD.

Called "Pier Solar," the game has been in development since 2004 and recently went into beta testing, so I assume it will ship within the next year. It has lush graphics that really push the Genesis to the max, and a lot of time and effort has gone into making the story and side-quests, as well as the games music. In fact, it will come with a special disc that you can pop in your Sega CD, which will have improved sound effects and music. It will come packaged in a nice cardboard box that will be the same size as the Genesis boxes.

You can preorder the game through the website for $35, shipping included in that price, so it's relatively cheap for an indie game of this nature. It is offered in three versions, European, Japanese, and North American. Each version features a box style that is akin to the old box style of their region. Unfortunately, the North American and European versions have sold out via the preorder, leaving the Japanese ones the only version available. However, the game itself can still be played in English, as the language options are Japanese and English (North American version had English, Spanish, and Portuguese), so you won't have a problem playing it. You also get a poster, the aforementioned Sega CD add-on, and a glossy printed storybook like those offered in the Japanese games.

The developers have said that there will not be a second run of the game for the Genesis, so once all of the preorders are sold, it's gone. I'm positive that it will hold its value and then some, so if you are interested in classic gaming and still have your old Genny lying around, I suggest preordering as soon as you can.

Here is the Pier Solar website.

And some Videos:

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: New Sega Genesis game to (hopefully) come out in the near future.

Post  Kreativ Snail on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:04 pm

that game has giant SNAIL monsters !!!!!! alien

Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1061

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Re: New Sega Genesis game to (hopefully) come out in the near future.

Post  Brickadier General on Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Kreativ Snail wrote:that game has giant SNAIL monsters !!!!!! alien
haha

By the way, KC. I stopped in my local game store, and they had a bunch of NES cartridges, two of which had manuals and boxes (NES Open and Yoshi's Cookie). NES Open was $4 and Yoshi's Cookie was $6.

I was wondering if there were any games you wanted me to keep a lookout for, since I know you like the NES.

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top