The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» A new train curve
by afol666 Yesterday at 12:18 am

» LEGO Resale Value
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 pm

» PennLUG Club Member Information Survey.
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 pm

» Master Builder position at the new Plymouth Meeting LEGOLAND Discovery Center
by Brickadier General Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 pm

» 4DBrick monorail fans
by Kreativ Snail Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:14 am

» Introductions
by cjedwards Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 pm

» Meetings
by mrsrothbricks Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:55 am

» FNS Black Pearl, Fusion Powered Sub MOC (LDD)
by afol666 Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

» Friends and Family 20% off for The Lego Store coupon for this weekend---anyone want it?
by bas157 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

» Sign me up.
by Ben-Laura Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

» Another new member
by MikeKn Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 am

» buWizz remote control
by maarek Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:14 pm

» Bricklink sellers? Profitable?
by MikeKn Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

» eMail - Survey
by maarek Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:56 am

» LDraw
by Brick_Dad Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am

» MOCs for sale
by Brick_Dad Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:57 pm

» Lego Thunder Road game. ** Joel and Sam **
by classicplasticbricks Sun May 22, 2016 7:08 pm

» Philly Brick Fest 2016 Photos.
by Cale Tue May 17, 2016 2:18 pm

» Ready to join!
by Brianb Sun May 15, 2016 9:00 pm

» wanna play?
by afol666 Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Introductions

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introductions

Post  PennLUG on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Welcome to the forums, please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 518

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Hello from the snail

Post  Kreativ Snail on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:42 pm

KC here. Most of you know me already, but if you don't, I am the first female member of PennLUG. My fave Lego product is Modulex. I put snails in almost all of my MOCs, and I love the castle theme, and really old vintage stuff, and I also build things for PennLUG's town/train setup, and I just got into Monorail. I also collect blue 2x4 bricks alien

Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1061

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Re: Introductions

Post  Trev on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:55 pm

The Dark Knight. The Caped Crusader. The World's Greatest Detective. I'M BATMAN, but you can just call me 'Trev.'

I hate Megabloks, Tyco disgusts me, I'm horrified by the sight of Best-Lock, but the worst of all of those stupid toys goes by the name of Lego. It is such a repulsive nuisance that the malevolence it emanates from it's venomous studs poisons me, striking down my heart into a puddle of scorn and resentment. I can not stand even hearing the syllables "Le" or "go" and if combined I go on a complete rampage, destroying half of the house or building I am currently situated in. The only toy I like has no name. It's a type of building block and PennLUG is dedicated to it. That, of course is the reason I have joined the forum. To celebrate and express the joy that the unnamed little plastic of fun brings when it is stacked into creative sculptures. But you all knew that tidbit of information in the first place anyway.

I am usually either playing all types of games ranging from classic NES to Wii and from Poker to Dungeons and Dragons or spending my time on the computer, as can be expected from any fifteen year old kid with no life in our society today. Otherwise I am hanging out with my friends, hiding in boxes, building unnameable objects out of bricks, camping, underwater basket weaving, listening to music, geocaching, learning how to fence, going to prison... I mean school, doodling, watching a movie or staring at the grass to see which blade is growing the fastest of them all.

That's pretty much it. I'm just your average psychic superhuman mutant teenage nerd with a boomerang.

P.S. My favourite colour is blue.

Trev
1x2 Brick
1x2 Brick

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  LegGodt on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:10 am

Hey it's Dudley. Just stoppin by to join the new forum and say Hello.

LegGodt
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Male Posts : 127

http://www.facebook.com/leggodt

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 am

Trev wrote:I'm just your average psychic superhuman mutant teenage nerd with a boomerang.

Do you always introduce yourself that way?

David Runyon here.

D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:14 pm

The name is Matt, and I've been a Pennlug member since 2006, back when most of you young'ns were pooting in your diapers. I've been building with Lego bricks since age four, and my favorite themes have been town, train, western, and a splash of castle. I like building historic stuff, be it buildings or battles, and I like doing cars up too.

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Trev on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:17 pm

D_Runyon wrote:
Trev wrote:I'm just your average psychic superhuman mutant teenage nerd with a boomerang.

Do you always introduce yourself that way?

David Runyon here.

Nope. I come up with something new for everything.

Trev
1x2 Brick
1x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  maarek on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey this is Jim aka Maarek. I've been watching Pennlug since 2008 and I've been a member since 2009.

My Favorite themes are; Star Wars, Town & Train, Indiana Jones

maarek
Strategos

Male Posts : 426

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

Back to top Go down

Saying Hi,

Post  S-Tauser on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:04 pm

My name is Sam Tauser, I hooked up with Pennlug after my second Trip to the public days at the Tysons Corners Brickfair. I am mainly into space but I am currently working on a Pennlug monster truck to hopefully include in the big layout for next years brickfair.

S-Tauser
Mr. Early Bird

Male Posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Post  joshua sanders on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:30 am

Joshua Sanders, Forum looks good, a step up from yahoo message boards!

joshua sanders
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Male Posts : 188

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41034325@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:18 am

John Neal here. I have recently relocated to South Jersey from the Twin Cities of Mpls & St. Paul, MN, where in 2001 my son and I founded the TCLTC. I have done many train shows and attended many AFOL fests, including the ILTCO National Convention in Philly in 2006 (where I first met Cale, Mike G. et al). I am primarily a train guy, but have a SpongeBob layout in the works, as well as a Mars base space layout.

I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all. Very Happy

JOHN

Back to top Go down

Post  bas157 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:35 am

Hi
Bruce here. Only been to one meeting so far, the one last March(?) in Fleetwood. Most of the meetings seem to be on bad dates for me unfortunately. Not real active in many Lego websites but I've been around since the times of alt.toys.lego on usenet. Currently my Lego activities tends to be just buying them and not doing to much building due to time constraints. Just gotta get some more efficient shelves so I don't have to start filling another room in my house with Lego!
I'm in Linfield, PA, just a few minutes from the Philadelphia Premium Outlets (and not too far from the KoP store).

I do have a question on the bulk program, when I try to go to this link that Cale posted:
http://pennlug.forum-motion.com/general-club-disscussion-f11/lug-bulk-lego-buying-program-t21.htm#81
I get the following:
Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.
Anyone else have that issue?

Thanks
Bruce

bas157
1x2 Brick
1x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

greetings:)

Post  legolover530 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:16 pm

hi, my name is chris, an avid 34year young afol from west philly who is trying to avoid the diaper changing 'dark ages' (my son's diapers, not mine) and so it's difficult to find time to build or meet anymore as i'm close to graduating college finally and we're expecting our second son in late february. i do still put up some mocs around the house for halloween and christmas, and the occasional 'free build' but no real time elseways. how do i become a 'special member' and read all the good stuff like the bulkbuying threads? i'm special, trust me:)

legolover530
Conductor of Chaos

Male Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:50 pm

Hello

I'm Cale. The regulars already know me but I'll just take a moment to introduce myself for any of you new guys. I've been with PennLUG since the beginning in 2005. You could even call me a founding member if you want to get technical. I'm a serious Train fan but I also love Castle, Pirates, and Technic. I'm also a member of the RAILBRICKS staff.

My Brickshelf Gallery

My Flickr Gallery

Cale

Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 1830

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  Trev on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Cale wrote:Hello

I'm Cale. The regulars already know me but I'll just take a moment to introduce myself for any of you new guys. I've been with PennLUG since the beginning in 2005. You could even call me a founding member if you want to get technical. I'm a serious Train fan but I also love Castle, Pirates, and Technic. I'm also a member of the RAILBRICKS staff.

My Brickshelf Gallery

My Flickr Gallery

Cale
Nice to meet you. The name's Trev.

Trev
1x2 Brick
1x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Hello

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi all,

I just registered this afternoon. I have been building for roughly 40 years. I went to Brick fair in D.C. in the autumn, was totally blown away by what I saw people were building. I live on the West Shore of the Suzy-Q river. Lemoyne, Camp Hill, New Cumberland.

My other hobby is Boardgaming. Check BoardGameGeek or the Boardgame Players Association.
I'm quite active in the BPA, and go to the annual game convention.

Back to top Go down

Post  Trev on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:50 pm

FritzvonCatan wrote:Hi all,

I just registered this afternoon. I have been building for roughly 40 years. I went to Brick fair in D.C. in the autumn, was totally blown away by what I saw people were building. I live on the West Shore of the Suzy-Q river. Lemoyne, Camp Hill, New Cumberland.

My other hobby is Boardgaming. Check BoardGameGeek or the Boardgame Players Association.
I'm quite active in the BPA, and go to the annual game convention.
That's fantastic! I love boardgames! Nice to meet you and welcome to the PennLUG forums.

Trev
1x2 Brick
1x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  cjedwards on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi everybody! I'm finally posting in here. My name is Chris. I live in Havertown, just outside Philly. I've been building for almost 27 years now. I joined PennLUG right at the end of 2008, and I've been to every meeting and every big event since then.

You can see most of my creations here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjedwards47/collections/72157604011396394/

I also love board games.

cjedwards
King of the Action

Male Posts : 317

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:52 pm

OK, you board game lovers need to come over and play board games with Trev and me. We have A LOT of games here. We host monthly game days here, as well as The Complete Stratigist in KofP... we even have Lego board games.

Last edited by Kreativ Snail on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1061

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:16 am

Hi,

I'm Nate, and I live in Philly. I became active in PennLUG this past summer when I met Cale and Chris at the NMRA show. I build space and town mainly.

My flickr page.

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 446

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Greetings

Post  Uniblab on Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Mike Tighe here. I currently live in Camp Hill on the West Shore of Harrisburg. I've been with PennLUG since 2006 or there abouts.

I've been biulding with LEGO since I was a kid. I'm a big Technic enthuiast. When the Expert Buildier line began (later renamed Technic) I was working at a long since gone fast food chain called Gino's. I was 16 at the time and some of may paychecks starting going to LEGO EB sets, extra beams sets and motor accessory sets.

In my early 20's I gave my LEGO to my best friend's kid brother. (Now I wish I'd kept them...) I came out of my dark ages in the early 1990's after my son, Ben, was born. I thought: "A boy. Now I can get all the cool toys!" Naturally LEGO ranked high up there. I bought some LEGO for him and some for me, including some larger sets like Model Team and my favorite - Technic.

I had been eyeing the new Mindstorms in 1998. When Ben was in third grade and the gifted teacher suggested getting him the new LEGO robotics set I needed no further excuse.

Since then, with the influance of PennLUG, I have expanded my interests to include train, monorail, town, space and others. I've amassed a huge collection over the years. However, as many of the other PennLUG members will quickly point out, I haven't built much lately. My main building area in my basement has been crowded with the "normal" stuff people keep in their basements. I am working on greatly improving my building and displaying space this coming year.

Mike Tighe

"There is no such thing as too much LEGO."

Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 302

Back to top Go down

Post  Trev on Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Now we get to find out if the forums are Mike-proof.

Trev
1x2 Brick
1x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniblab on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Trev wrote:Now we get to find out if the forums are Mike-proof.

LOL

:-p

"There is no such thing as too much LEGO."

Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 302

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianb on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi, my name is Brian Brister, I recently rediscovered my Lego from my childhood days. My how Lego has changed / improved over the years. I am mostly interested in Town / City and some Technic. So far I haven't really tried any MOC, just a few alterations to existing kits and sorting to see what I have.

Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 431

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Brianb wrote:Hi, my name is Brian Brister, I recently rediscovered my Lego from my childhood days. My how Lego has changed / improved over the years. I am mostly interested in Town / City and some Technic. So far I haven't really tried any MOC, just a few alterations to existing kits and sorting to see what I have.
welcome. we have a meeting this saturday. you should come on out.

PennLUG
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 518

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top